[SciPy-dev] gui_thread and wxPython-2.5.2.8

Pearu Peterson pearu at scipy.org
Fri Oct 1 17:00:06 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> I think I'll check in my changes in a little while.  Please do test it
> out and let me know if there are problems.  I'm particularly
> interested in other platforms, Windows, Mac and also wxPython-2.4.x.
>
> Here is a simple test you can run:
>
> import gui_thread
> gui_thread.start()
> from gui_thread.examples import SimpleFrame
> a = SimpleFrame()
> a.Show()
> a.SetTitle('Hey! this works!')

With the patch that I just commited to CVS this example works
with wxPython-2.4.x. However there seems to be still some issues.
For example, adding

   b = SimpleFrame()

to the simple test will segfault Python.
Or, when closing the frame and then running

   a = SimpleFrame()

again will hang Python.

Does this happen also with wx-2.5?

Pearu