[SciPy-dev] Control Systems Module

Venkat Raghavan V.C. venkatraghavan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 05:34:01 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am new to scipy and python. I have some experience in programming in
C, and compiling stuff. I do have good control systems knowledge,
including the math!

I would like to write a Control Systems module for scipy, similiar to
the one in Matlab. I have done quite a bit of programming in Matlab,
though I don't think that's going to help me out in this regard,
except maybe regarding design.

The problem is, how do I get started off? I have about 3 months of
time during summer which I intend to have finished this off. I would
be grateful if someone gives me a general overview on how to go about
it.

I have found this netlib library,
http://www.netlib.org/ieeecss/cascade/ after minimal searching.
I also know of the scipy api docs. I just wanted to build a roadmap
before I get started off!

Regards,
Venkat