[SciPy-dev] Round 3 on naming

Deiter Hering vel.accel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:45:41 EST 2006

On 04/01/2006, at 4:34 AM, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

>>I'm keeping running totals on the naming on the straw pole page.  You
>>can either vote their or respond to this email:
>>
>>Round 3 names are (names surviving round 2 plus with positive votes
>>plus
>>a few new ones)
>>
>>nagini
>>scicore
>>numpy
>>numpyxx
>>arrakor
>>scikor
>>numeriq
>>scinum
>>

>>Please vote on these:
>>
>>-Travis

The python community (aside from sig sci folks) are already familiar
with numpy as being a "collective" reference to the numeric/numarray.
Therefore when all roads lead to the "All New Numpy" It will be
intuitively understood as the convergence and eventual of the
deprecation of the prior packages.

+1 Numpy