[SciPy-dev] acceptable licenses for scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 13:20:06 EDT 2006

Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When including source with scipy, which licenses are acceptable?  I
> know that the BSD-style licenses are good, but how about the Lesser
> GPL etc.?

No, we're still trying to keep scipy as a whole BSDish.

If there is an LGPL library which you wish to provide, it would provide an
excellent seed for Fernando's "scikits" namespace package. We would be happy to
provide the infrastructure on projects.scipy.org.

Of course, every time this topic comes up, I make the same offer, but so far, no
one has done anything about it.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."