[SciPy-dev] Fortran type objects

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Fri Mar 3 16:25:39 EST 2006

I think scipy should define some fortran scalar types: fint, fsingle,
fdouble, etc. One reason for this is that I believe (don't quote me)
is that sizeof(INTEGER) == 4 on my 64-bit machine in g77. This means
arrays passed to Fortran code (through f2py, for instance), should be
have a dtype of 'i4', not 'i8', which is what int would give.

>From a documentation standpoint, this is also useful.

I don't know, however, how to code up a test for how large these types are.