[SciPy-dev] ARPACK wrapper

Neilen Marais nmarais at sun.ac.za
Fri Nov 17 21:19:32 EST 2006

Hi

I've commited the beginnings of an  ARPACK
wrapper partially adressing
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/231 in r2323

I based it on the arpack-0.10.tar.bz2 source that aric attached to #231. I
added an ARPACK driver that demonstrates how to use ARPACK's shift-invert
mode to solve a generalised eigensystem. Unfortunately I haven't generated
any compact test data for that yet (I was using matrices created by my own
FEM app) but will soon.

As things stand now a lot of work still remains to be done. I can think of
(off the top of my head)

1) Merging Aric and my drivers
2) Handling more cases with an easy-to-use interface
3) Using the symmetric/complex/etc. modes
4) Many more, no doubt ;)

I'm away for the rest of the weekend, but I look forward to comments on
Monday :)

Regards
Neilen

--