[SciPy-dev] scikits ? [was Re: Kronecker sum]

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 12:21:56 EST 2006

Pierre GM wrote:
> What's the state of those famous scikits that had been suggested (where you
> could install only the packages you want from scipy without getting the whole
> shebang) ?

That's not what scikits is intended to be. scikits would be an entirely separate
package. Allowing subpackages of scipy to be separately installable is another
effort, and one that is stalled. The approach I took didn't pan out.

> Corollary:
> Is there a proper (most prefered) way to post small functions, classes or
> whole modules on scipy.org ? Like a cheeseshop ?

Write up a wiki page about it and attach the file to the page. If there's more
than one file (say you want a README or a LICENSE or even a test suite), go
ahead and use the Python Package Index and write up a wiki page on scipy.org .

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco