[SciPy-dev] Proposal for more generic optimizers (posted before on scipy-user)

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:42:03 EDT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 15:19:55 Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> Thanks for this intel ;)
> I think that what I want to do is more general that what LOESS proposes, as
> it is not only about modelling. But there surely is stuff to use :)

No doubt about that. There was a need for lowess/stl/loess at one point, and I
already have parts done. I just had to patch the rest. The info was given
just as an example of implementation. The python part was strongly dependent
on the underlying C code, hence the multiplication of subclasses. I
considered simplify the implementation, but  realized it already had
everything I needed in a pretty neat form.