[SciPy-dev] PyArray_FromDims and friends

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Wed Aug 13 23:01:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,

In testing out svn scipy and numpy, I noticed some run-time errors
from scipy.interpolate because the _fitpack module's c sources use
PyArray_FromDims and PyArray_FromDimsAndData, which are now deprecated
in numpy svn.

I opened a ticket and made a patch for this particular case, but I'm
not sure if there's an overall strategy (someone writes a very good
regexp, say, and lets it loose), or if these will be fixed piecemeal.
If the latter, here's the patch:

http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/723

Zach