[SciPy-dev] dae solvers

Benny Malengier benny.malengier at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 05:07:41 EDT 2008

I created a patch to scipy to add support for dae solvers:
    http://www.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/730

The backend I included is the netlib ddaspk.f solver.

I chose for this as I need to solve large systems and I want to keep the
speed of fortran with a minimum of overhead in python.
It should be possible to add quickly the backend lsodi based on patch
http://www.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/615 . Adding a backend to the ida
solver in sundials should also be possible based on the pysundials package
(advantage over pysundials would only be a single api definition )
Extension to add support of Krylov within ddaspk should also be easy with
some overloading.

Well, I can improve this (extra backend, ...) if it is considered for
inclusion in scipy, otherwise it is just a way of sharing it in the hope the
next person doesn't have to reinvent it all again.

Greetings,
Benny