[SciPy-dev] scipy.io.wav, data format convention

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 02:20:30 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 02:04:29PM +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
>>     I would like to keep audiolab as close as possible to whatever scipy
>> will use, but I wondered if anyone thought about the issue at all ?
>
> Given that in the signal processing that I usually do, the last axis is
> most often time, I tend to agree with you.

Agree to what ? I don't even agree with myself here :) audiolab used
the one column/channel convention, and during the conversion to one
row / channel, I realized that it is not as clear as I first thought -
if there is no clear consensus, I will keep the current audiolab
convention.

David