[SciPy-dev] sparse solvers in scipy rock

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Tue Jan 15 08:20:33 EST 2008

Hi,

yesterday I wrote some solver for 1D time dependent schrodinger
equation to my school,
using explicit and implicit methods and using scipy sparse solvers,
because I was lazy to use
some fortran routines for inverting the tridiagonal matrix, and I was
surprised how nice it works in scipy.
You did a great job. I am convinced that is the way to call all sparse solvers.

Here is the code:

http://hg.certik.cz/schrod1D/

I based it on the example:

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/SchrodingerFDTD

which uses central differences explicit method, but I wrote it my way,
using complex numbers directly and Cython to speed it up.

I also implemented euler differences explicit method,
which totally blows up after a few iterations, and also an implicit
method, which works really well.

Where do you think I could put it together with some documentation how
to play with it? to the above wiki, or should I create a new wiki for
that?
It's an example how to use Cython+Numpy+scipy sparse solvers (superlu
currently).

Ondrej