[SciPy-dev] Single precision FFT

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Fri Nov 28 07:40:37 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 12:37:49PM +0000, Anand Patil wrote:
> I need a single precision FFT from numpy. I'm willing to hack numpy's
> fft module to make it but before I start I'm wondering if there's any
> interest in including single-precision fft functions in the numpy
> distribution? If that's the case I'll try to make a nice patch.

I'd really love it. More generally, I'd really be interested in having
all the numpy function (including the linalg ones) work with single
precision, as I my main limitation on the work I am doing right now is
memory. I did have a quick look, and it seemed to me that this was not
always possible, due to the underlying fortran libraries.

Gaël