[SciPy-dev] [MAJOR BUG] latest numpy leads to scikits fail [was: installing openopt]

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 17:06:11 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 14:02, dmitrey <dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> after updating numpy I have troubles with openopt
> ImportError: No module named openopt
>
> and seems like it is related to timeseries as well: I have similar bug:
>
> ~/scikits/timeseries/scikits/timeseries/tests# python test_dates.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "test_dates.py", line 21, in <module>
>    import scikits.timeseries as ts
> ImportError: No module named timeseries

In fact, I have fixed a bug related to the combination of setuptools
and numpy.distutils when using "python setup.py install". Please
remove all scikits and reinstall them. If you are still having
problems, please tell me exactly what commands you are using to
install.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."