[SciPy-dev] installing openopt

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Tue Sep 23 16:30:30 EDT 2008

I have noticed one more openopt installation issue with latest numpy:

modifying any single line in openopt's sources and then running "python
setup.py install" now recompiles all openopt's files. Even if there were
no changes at all, anyway all OO files are recompiled. Taking into
account that I run this dozens times per day it's very annoying, and my
increases danger for my HDD. Of course I could use OO without "python
setup.py install" but this is inconvenient because of some reasons (I
had already tried)

I hope the issue will be fixed by numpy.distutils developers.

Regards, D.