[SciPy-dev] change print statements to print functions in docstrings

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 03:38:03 EDT 2009

> Just out of curiosity, do you have a rough guesstimate on the fraction
> on Windows users in the install base, and if a sizable fraction of
> them is using ipython?

The only number we have is the the download number from sourceforge.
For numpy 1.3.0, each python version on windows got ~ 15 000
downloads, the tar.gz 15 000 as well, and mac os x ~ 5000. I would
suspect many people on Linux to get installation from packages/sources
as well, but certainly, windows is not a small portion of our users I
would say.

cheers,

David