[SciPy-dev] Questions about scikits: 1) What is the best way to translate nosetests into numpy testing framework? 2) How can I get an svn account?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:46:22 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 00:20, John Salvatier<jsalvati at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> My name is John Salvatier and I am building the scikit scikit.bvp_solver
> which is for solving two-point boundary value problem.
>
> Anyway, I have two questions about how scikits work:
>
> 1) What is the best way to translate tests which are arranged so for nose to
> the configuration required for
> scikitshttp://www.scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/ScikitsForDevelopers#Testing?
> Is there any easy way?

That information is old. numpy uses nose now itself. Just keep doing
what you are doing. However, I do recommend adding this to your
setup.py setup() call to enable "python setup.py test":

    tests_require = [
        'nose >= 0.10.3',
        ],
    test_suite = 'nose.collector',

> 2) How can I get an svn account for svn.scipy.org/svn/?

Email Jarrod Millman.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."