Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:40:27 EST 2009

Here is my take at the current time:

The experimentalist in me cries out that we should make just one major
infrastructure change at a time. For a variety of reasons, from IT
support issues to just plain hating {{{}}}, I think replacing the bug
tracker should be the change to make right now.

That said, we can try a blessed DVCS-SVN bridge and see how it works
out. It doesn't solve all problems, but it should enable a better
workflow for casual contributors, the raison d'être for this
discussion. It also doesn't commit us to anything while we are
separately seeing how the tracker changes work out.

Pauli, you seem familiar with setting up a git-to-svn bridge. Can you
do this? What do you need done one the actual SVN server to support
this?

If fans of other DVCSes want to set up and administer blessed mirrors
of their own, let us know.

David and Stéfan, can you work on proposing a new tracker
configuration? I ask that you take a glance at Roundup, but I'll leave
that up to your schedules.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."