[SciPy-dev] chararray docstrings

Michael Droettboom mdroe at stsci.edu
Tue Oct 13 12:06:34 EDT 2009

Ok -- I can add them to __all__ in defchararray.py.

Is there a good way for me to check that my changes will work in the
documentation editor?  I rebuilt the docs in the source tree (by going
in to doc/ and running "make html") and these methods *were* picked up.
How do other people work and test their changes?

I also noticed that the cross-referencing from the chararray methods to
the free functions in defchararray is broken in the online documentation
editor.  Again, mostly just my ignorance of how all the pieces go
together.  Can someone explain what it should be, and then I'll make all
the necessary corrections?  E.g. what should the "See also" section of
defchararray.chararray.isalnum look like to reference defchararray.isalnum?

Also -- How can I change a review status from "Unimportant"?

Mike