[SciPy-Dev] segfault in test_qhull.TestRidgeIter2D.test_complicated

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Nov 15 20:48:43 EST 2010

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:39:45 -0800, Matthew Brett wrote:
[clip]
>> Ok, source code level "fix" here:
>>
>> https://github.com/pv/scipy-work/commit/8efed6e403597783243f476c7bdb1c506d99f22b
>
> Thank you - the comments explaining the change are particularly complete
> and helpful.   Maybe it would be good to point to these comments in the
> source code for the change?

I just noticed a similar fix is in upstream, in a new release of Qhull.
Oh well, maybe we'll just upgrade the bundled library.

Although it might still be good to add -fno-strict-aliasing flags to
the compilation, as the upstream cautions that on gcc < 4.4 there might
be problems (although I don't see how they can come from the same source).

I however have no idea how to do this with distutils only for gcc.

--
Pauli Virtanen