[SciPy-Dev] User Acceptance Testing

Joshua Grant joshua.m.grant at gmail.com
Sat May 14 23:06:35 EDT 2011

Well, first off, let me say that if there are any packages missing unit
tests or lacking coverage, I would definitely look into making that a
project for myself :)

As for the functional testing, that's more or less what I was thinking of
doing. Basically, a test could be a block of code that does some nontrivial
task (eg computing and plotting results from a SDE) using different parts of
the numpy/scipy libraries. The idea is see how different functions from
different modules interact with each other, and how they work "in the wild".
However, I'm fairly confident that if the unit testing returns positive, the
functions would work correctly. I'm open to more discussion about testing /
QA aspects of numpy/scipy though.