[SciPy-Dev] ANN: SciPy 0.10.0 beta 2

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:47:50 EDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Martin Teichmann <
martin.teichmann at mbi-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There was a discussion at https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/76
> to deprecate qr_old, and while I know that 0.10 is already in the
> second beta, maybe it's still a good idea to do that, I think
> it's very unlikely that we introduce a bug through deprecation,
> but it should be announced to users ASAP, so that they can
> adopt their code. (This also will allow for feedback if there is
> still anyone out there using qr_old...)
>
> This is not something I like to do at the last moment, doing it at the
beginning of a release cycle (i.e. do it soon, but for 0.11) gives people
more time before the code is actually removed. I also don't see why we need
to be in a hurry, it's a simple code cleanup. Finally, it should be done
only when the new improvements to qr are merged. Which is very soon I guess.

Cheers,
Ralf