[SciPy-Dev] spam on ticket

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Thu May 3 10:23:58 EDT 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 8:52 AM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem with a responsive trac is that it's easier to get spam
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/162
> and two more so far
>
> What's the procedure to remove them?

Go to the Admin tab and look in the sidebar for Ticket System:Delete Changes. It will ask you for the ticket number and then allow you to delete the offending entries.

We have significantly reduced the quantity of spam on the FiPy Trac by using the Akismet spam filtering system and the TracCaptcha plugin (we're using Trac 0.11; it looks like some or all of these capabilities are built-in with Trac 0.12).

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SpamFilter#Akismet
http://www.schwarz.eu/opensource/projects/trac_captcha