[SciPy-Dev] Scipy Docs permissions

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Mon May 28 15:26:47 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Karmel,
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Karmel Allison <karmel at arcaio.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> As I begin to poke around, it occurs to me that there are many docs marked
>> "Needs editing," but it's a little unclear what exactly makes a particular
>> doc still in need of editing, as opposed to review. For example, for docs
>> like
>

> You're right that many docstrings are actually pretty good, but simply
> haven't been marked as "needs review" in the doc editor. For the numpy docs
> this was done, but some parts of scipy haven't been touched much in the wiki
> yet.
>

>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.stats.stats.fisher_exact/ and
>
> this one looks ready for review.
>

>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.linalg.basic.solveh_banded/
>
> this one misses an example, the reST formatting is not right (for example
> the line "ab[u + i - j, j] ..." should be marked green in the rendered
> version) and the parameter/return types are incorrect  (boolean --> bool,
> array --> ndarray).
>>

>> what should be improved on? Or are those just cases that haven't been
>> marked "Needs review"?
>>
>> Similarly, for docs like
>>
>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.linalg.decomp.eigh/ and
>
> similar, example and formatting.
>

>> http://docs.scipy.org/scipy/docs/scipy.cluster.vq.sqrt/
>
> here you caught an imperfection in the wiki software. sqrt is a numpy
> function and shouldn't show up at all here.

just as extra info:

    Review status: Unimportant
often means there is some reason that the docstring shouldn't be edited.

For example, in scipy.stats.distributions those docstrings are
autogenerated and they shouldn't be changed in the doceditor. (there
is a template code that can be edited.)

Josef