[SciPy-Dev] Add a "Wrapping Code From Other Languages" section to topical-software

mir amicitas amicitas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 02:33:47 EST 2013

Dear Scipy-dev,

I would like to add a new section to the topical-software page for wrapping
code in Matlab, IDL etc.  Some of these tools are currently listed in
Miscellaneous, while they would naturally fall under "Running Code Written
In Other Languages".  As part of this I will add a new link to the package
pyidlrpc (https://bitbucket.org/amicitas/pyidlrpc/) which can be used to
wrap IDL code.

My specific suggestion is to add a section under:
"Running Code Written In Other Languages"

With the title:
"Wrapping/Executing Code in Other Languages"

Under this heading I will add the MATLAB and IDL excecution/wrapping
libraries.

Please reply with any comments.  Otherwise I will make a pull request with
the above changes.

Sincerely,
Novimir Pablant