[SciPy-Dev] ENH: linprog function for linear programming

Rob Falck robfalck at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 09:54:43 EST 2014

I've finally gotten around to putting a linear programming routine into a
good state for inclusion into scipy.  I've tested with somewhat large
problems (400 variables, 40 constraints) and it solves within a second or
two.  Right now it's only uses a two-phase dense-matrix based simplex
solver, but the overall "linprog" routine is intended to function in much
the way that minimize does, where different methods can be used as they are
added in the future.

The pull request has been submitted and passes all tests.  I welcome people
to put it to the test and find any problems I may have missed.

--
- Rob Falck