[SciPy-Dev] Levenberg-Marquardt Implementation

Nico Del Piano ndel314 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 10:16:33 EST 2014

Hi all,

I am Nicolas Del Piano, and currently studying the last year of computer
science career.
I was searching for a GSoC project that involves mathematical concepts, and
I found one very interesting. I have experience on python programming and I
studied calculus, so I have a background of the problem context.

I am interested on the implementation and testing of Levenberg-Marquardt /
trust region nonlinear least squares algorithm.

Here are some useful links, that I have searched to having a reference
about the problem:

http://ananth.in/docs/lmtut.pdf (Introduction)
www.cs.nyu.edu/~roweis/notes/lm.pdf (Optimization)
http://scribblethink.org/Computer/Javanumeric/index.html (java
implementation)

I would be glad if there is an interested mentor to discuss the issues,
talk about the problem and its possible implementations, and provide me
some support and guide.

Thanks!

Regards.