[SciPy-Dev] scipy.optimize.anneal - deprecation

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 19:37:14 EDT 2014

On 13 October 201

> Looking at the tests at
> http://infinity77.net/global_optimization/multidimensional.html  the
> scipy version of simulated annealing, SIMANN, performs horribly. However,
> ANA seems to do pretty well. So the problem with scipy seems to have been a
> poor version of the algorithm and probably we should just fix that.
>
> Chuck

Andrea Gavana kindly made the code to the benchmark suite available.  I'm
modifying to a form for inclusion into scipy:
https://github.com/andyfaff/scipy/tree/go_benchmark/scipy/optimize/benchmarks.
As we speak I'm running the test optimization functions (I added a few and
modified some) for basinhopping, differential_evolution and anneal.
I'll put these up in a Gist in the next day or so.

--
Dr. Andrew Nelson