[SciPy-Dev] building documentation with python 3

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 14:39:04 EDT 2015

Did anyone ever try to build the sphinx documentation with python3?

I'm trying to build the statsmodels documentation with python 3.4, and I
run into problems all over the place.

One problem is that we still keep an old/ancient copy of numpydoc included
in our source.
Another problem seems to be that sphinx autosummary extension uses some
system decoding instead of utf-8 on Windows.

I hacked my way to a successful html build, but my changes to numpydoc are
dirty and I had to change the autosummary code in the sphinx installation.

Josef
My new computer only has python 3.4