[SciPy-Dev] win32 binaries and scipy 0.17.0 release

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:18:53 EST 2016

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2016 9:52 AM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> [...]
>> I'm using now almost exclusively Winpython and the packaged gcc, which
>> seems to come with all required local DLLs.
>
> Note that the gcc packaged with winpython is exactly the prototype version
> of the mingwpy compiler that Ralf just announced funding for and that we're
> all hoping will save us.

Then I'm a happy user of it so far, compiling almost only statsmodels with it.

I saw that the directory name changed from `mingw32` to `mingwpy`
between WinPython-64bit-3.4.3.1 and WinPython-64bit-3.4.3.6

I never looked at the details because it "just works" for me.
(On my old notebook it "just worked" with older MingW from python-xy
and 32bit Pythons.)

Thanks,
I'm happy when someone does the work and I don't have to worry about
it, and as long as there are no hidden traps that I should pay
attention to.

Josef