[SciPy-Dev] Numpy 1.10.4 release.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:39:21 EST 2016

Hi All,

I'm pleased the release of the Numpy 1.10.4 (bugs stomped) release. This
release was motivated by a reported segfault, but a few additional fixes
were made:

* gh-6922 BUG: numpy.recarray.sort segfaults on Windows,
* gh-6937 BUG: busday_offset does the wrong thing with modifiedpreceding
roll,
* gh-6949 BUG: Type is lost when slicing a subclass of recarray,

together with one minor enhancement

* gh-6950 BUG trace is not subclass aware, np.trace(ma) != ma.trace().

The sources and documentation are available on Sourceforge, but no
binaries. The usual windows binaries were ommitted due to problems with the
toolchain. We hope that will be remedied in the future. Mac binaries can be
installed from pypi.

"Where is numpy 1.10.3?", you may ask. There were glitches with the uploads
to pypi for that version that necessitated a version upgrade. A release
manager's life is not a happy one.

Many thanks to  Marten van Kerkwijk, Sebastian Seberg, and Mark Wiebe for
the quick bug fixes.

Chuck