[SciPy-Dev] Policy for minimum numpy version

CJ Carey perimosocordiae at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 14:18:43 EDT 2016

Most recently I've wished for np.full and np.full_like, though I admit that
they're very easy to work around.

More difficult to replace is np.partition and np.argpartition, which are
extremely useful in the few cases that they're needed but also non-trivial
to implement efficiently. Typically the work-arounds look like this (not my
code):
https://github.com/lemaoliu/Agtarbidir/blob/8762efcb29b37724c2af13f9393d1eaa5ec6faf8/numpy_compat.py