[SciPy-Dev] inversefunc: a method to obtain the numerical inverse of a callable

Alvaro Sanchez sanchezgnzlz.alvaro at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:43:09 EDT 2016

Hi everyone!

I have been lately working on a user-friendly tool to calculate the
numerical inverse of a function, in the shape of a callable that is
returned by the function and that lets the user evaluate the inverse
function for any given value/array of values.

There is an open PR (https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/6725), where
there is a full description and some examples of usage. At this point I
am quite happy with how the function is performing, however there is an
ongoing discussion on whether it actually should be part of scipy or not.

I would appreciate if you could take a look at the description
(including a summary of the ongoing discussion at the end of the first
comment), and give some feedback on this line as I would like to know
whether I should invest more time on this or not.

Thank you in advance :)