[SciPy-Dev] Moving SciPy project organization forward

Evgeni Burovski evgeny.burovskiy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:21:49 EDT 2016

> Mailing list
> ------------
> This is not so we do more in private, but just to be more efficient in the
> small number of conversations that already happens in private (like giving
> out commit rights).  The core team has grown large enough that we tend to
> forget people or use an old email address.  I will set this one up within a
> week, probably using Google Groups (if anyone has a better idea, please
> speak up).  My plan is to add all active core devs, and send other people
> with commit rights a personal email about this to ask if they want to be on
> it (because not everyone follows this list).

+1

A fun note in passing: discussing the commit rights on such a list
would actually make things more open, since a new dev would get access
to past discussions including the one about giving them commit rights
:-).
(And no, I'm not suggesting this is a problem.)

Maybe we should also consider setting up some communication channels
with higher bandwidth --- handouts or conference calls. Yes, time
zones is a problem. And yes, the conference call last year went into
more tangents than it could have. But maybe if we manage to make these
conference calls somewhat more regular, we'd be able to have more
manageable agendas for each of them.

I wonder how it worked back in times of the numpy doc marathon, were
there regular conf calls, did they work?

Evgeni