[SciPy-Dev] establishing a Code of Conduct for SciPy

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 02:18:02 EDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, there haven't been more comments on the PR in the last 10 days
> and
> > so far it seems everyone is happy. I said earlier that I'd organise a
> public
> > conference call in order to give another venue for input, and I'd still
> like
> > to do that. So here's a proposal:
> >
> >     Thursday 19 Oct at 7pm UCT on Google Hangouts
> >
> > We've puzzled with time zones before, the best one was very early
> morning in
> > Australia and late evening in Russia. This time will be 6am in Sydney,
> 10pm
> > in Moscow, 8pm CET, 3pm US east cost, noon US west coast.
>
> I can attend the first half hour, anyway... and I'll try to comment on
> the PR before then too.
>
> > Also, it would be great to get a few volunteers for the CoC committee.
> Any
> > takers?
>
> Sure.

Thanks!

Anyone else? Note that (I think) it's not essential that all committee
members are part of the core developer team. If you're part of the
community and are interested in being on this commitee, please let us know
(offline questions or expressions of interest also welcome). If you have
experience with CoCs and/or can increase the diversity of experiences and
viewpoints on the committee, that would be doubly welcome.

Cheers,
Ralf