[SciPy-Dev] Calling LowLevelCallable from Cython

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:08:54 EDT 2018

I'm glad that you're looking into this. I asked a similar question on this
list a few months back, with a view to using LowLevelCallable as a way of
increasing the speed of minimizers, such as those used by
optimize.minimize. You should be able to find the discussion in the ML
archive, it may answer your question. I didn't go further down this path
because I was having trouble following the examples in the scipy codebase.

I was interested in this as part of a re-write to provide an object
oriented interface for each minimizer (8414, 8552). If the Minimizer object
was in cython, and a LowLevelCallable was provided, then good speedups
might be achieved.

Please keep us updated if you get traction on this.

Andrew.