[SciPy-Dev] vectorization in stats.rv_continuous

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:52:12 EST 2019

In rv_continuous there are several locations that use np.vectorize over
single instance calculations. In those locations the vectorized function
has an attribute `nin` changed, e.g.
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/blob/master/scipy/stats/_distn_infrastructure.py#L1605
.

If I look up the code for np.vectorize there's no such attribute in the
class. Is it now an obsolete attribute? If so, can it be removed?

A.

p.s. I've been experimenting with a way of speeding up the generic _ppf
function. My local changes show significant speed improvement in a
subclass, which speeds up rvs significantly. I'll have a look into
submitting a PR.