[SciPy-Dev] Thanks wiki protocol

rlucas7 at vt.edu rlucas7 at vt.edu
Sun Aug 30 21:47:15 EDT 2020

> On Aug 17, 2020, at 10:40 PM, Tyler Reddy <tyler.je.reddy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> For the author lists (with new contributors highlighted), the command looks like "  python tools/authors.py 042731365..fb51f487c8 "
>
> I think some of those release management tools are dependent on proper usage of milestones, though perhaps not in that specific case where the hash range is provided directly.

Thanks Tyler. I didn’t check closely on the milestone issue-you mean use of tags on the commit log right?

I was able to add a flag to get the names and nothing else so those could easily be copied into the file on the website.

Pr is:

https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/12793

I also opened a pr on the website repo to move over thanks file:

https://github.com/scipy/scipy.org/pull/364

Finally, I opened a separate pr to delete the existing thanks:

https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/12792

I think this is what you had in mind Ralf but if not please let me know on the PR(s).