[SciPy-Dev] contributing to Scipy

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 12:59:50 EST 2020

On 17/2/20 7:51 pm, Aakash kaushik wrote:
> hey everyone my name is Aakash Kaushik,
> i am new here and also to the open source world.
> i have used Scipy a lot in my projects and wanted to contribute to it
> i know python with beginner level and have background in machine
> learning, is there any issues i can contribute with?

Welcome. You will want to read about contributing
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/hacking.html

If you wish to contribute code,these are the issues marked "good first
issue"
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22.

There are many other ways to contribute: documentation, triaging issues,
and more. Take a look around the links and let us know if something is
not clear or if you need help getting started.

Matti