[SciPy-Dev] Translating Documentation into Spanish

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:43:57 EDT 2020

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 7:25 PM Juan Luis Cano <juanlu001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You might want to checkout what CPython is doing for their docs, using
> gettext and plain pull requests (i.e. no Transifex):

Spyder has just moved from such an approach to Crowdin, and are way happier
with the latter. I think PRs for translations is a bad idea in 2020, both
because translators should have a UI that works for them rather than a
dev-centric workflow, and because it's less effort with integration for the
maintainers.

We have found the same with doc/tutorial writing - Sphinx + PRs is
terrible, tech writers much prefer something like a notebook.

Thanks for the suggestion though Juan Luis.

Cheers,
Ralf