[SciPy-Dev] Reviewing/dev/merge traction on some optimize PRs

Andrew Nelson andyfaff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:06:52 EDT 2020

Hi all,
there are a few optimize PRs that I could do with help on the
reviewing/dev/merge cycle on. They're mainly to solve various issues which
a few people have been reporting related to the numerical differentiation
changes for minimize methods in 1.5. In order of importance:

https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/12889
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/13009
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/12998
(https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/11263 this one needs me to do a rebase
and fix a merge conflict, and I don't think there are reviewer objections
to this.)

I'm asking for help because they're non-trivial changes and I'd like to see
them merged (or the issues addressed) well before 1.6 to give a chance for
further issues to be resolved. Also, they're all touching the same area of
code and when one gets merged they might create further merge conflicts.

--
Dr. Andrew Nelson