[SciPy-Dev] Composability of LTI objects

Tobin Fricke fricke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:30:21 EDT 2021

Hi SciPy-devs,

I recently began working with LTI objects in SciPy, and was surprised to
discover that objects like scipy.signal.TransferFunction do not appear to
be composable. I would like to be able to compose two transfer functions
with addition, or indicate the series combination of a TransferFunction
object with a ZerosPolesGain object using the * operator.

Is there a reason this feature has not been pursued? If not, I would be
happy to work on it.

thanks,
Tobin