[SciPy-Dev] Messages stuck in moderation ?

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:40:41 EST 2021

Hello everyone,

I am working with a student (Arthur Volant) on his first contribution to SciPy,
It looks like his mails are not reaching the mailing list (they do not
currently appear in archive[0]).

Does anybody have access to the moderation panel to see if they are
stuck in moderation or if something else is rejecting them ? Or is
there a problem on mailman which does not display them, but
subscribers to the mailing list still did receive them ?

Below is attached a copy of the messages sent.

Thanks,
--
Matthias

from: arthurvolant at gmail.com
Hello Scipy-dev,

I have been working for a couple of days now on the following PR[1].
The origin of this PR is this issue[2], asking to add Barnard and
Boschloo test, which are two exact statistical tests.
While working on it, I found that Fisher's exact test was already implemented.
Barnard and Boshloo are two tests more powerful than Fisher's one.
My `barnard_exact` implementation is so far working well. It is a
little bit slower than Fisher exact test, but not that much, with an
average execution time of 1.12 ms

I was wondering though where to put my codes. It seems that there are
two possible files :
either in `scipy/stats/_hypotests.py` or either in
`scipy/stats/contingency.py` which contains already `chi2_contingency`
function. What would you advise me to do?

I thank you for your time and answers,
Arthur

0: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/scipy-dev/2021-February/date.html#start
1: https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/13441