[Scipy-organizers] Publication and review in SciPy

sheila miguez sheila at codersquid.com
Fri Nov 1 09:48:35 EDT 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM, Jacob Barhak <jacob.barhak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also unless we store virtual machines with code, there is no need to worry about disk space for publication. And it may be even possible to store differences of virtual machine snapshots within limited space. Never the less, there are other issues to solve before discussing publishing VMs.

I'd like to be able to store as much as possible so that people have
enough to replicate the research. For code and some data, one approach
would be to merely organize the structure of the repo to include
those. But I know for some papers, the data used for the work is going
to be huge (larger than some VMs).

We don't need to resolve this immediately for this email thread.

sheila at codersquid.com