[Scipy-organizers] "Why I Sci-Py" blog post

Kyle Mandli kyle.mandli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 18:52:38 EDT 2014

Here's a rough shot at a call and example (which is probably too generic).
 We could mention the specific length we are shooting for to ease the
burden (but not too short to make people stress out about it).  I also
provided an example below but it's probably too generic.

# Why I SciPy

SciPy is many things to many people.  It can be an opportunity to learn
about the newest technologies or maybe old ones that you should have been
using.  It is a chance to learn about new and exciting features of the
packages you use the most.  SciPy is also a chance to reconnect to old
friends and meet new ones.  For many, it is also an opportunity to develop
your skills as a scientific software developer and become a better
scientist overall.

So what makes you SciPy?  We are looking for a short paragraph explaining
the reasons why you SciPy.  Including specific instances or reasons why the
conference has had a positive impact on your science are the best!

`I SciPy because it is a place where I can learn about new python packages
I can leverage in my science and old packages I should have been using.  I
go to learn about new and exciting features of the packages I use the most.
 It is also about developing my own skills as a scientific software
developer, learning about best practices and new ways to make my own work
more effective.  I of course go to see old friends and make new ones.  Most
of all, I SciPy to become a better scientist.`