[Scipy-organizers] scipy.org outage

Kelsey Jordahl kjordahl at enthought.com
Mon Apr 28 20:13:38 EDT 2014

Late last week, the servers for scipy.org, hosted by Enthought, went down
after a power failure and subsequently failed to come back up.  The failure
of the DNS server caused both the main scipy.org site and
conference.scipy.org (both hosted offsite), to be offline as our devops
team dealt with a cascade of failures to get the domain up again by Saturday
 morning.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this caused.  We plan to migrate
scipy.org to updated infrastructure to make sure this issue does not happen
again.

Kelsey

--
Kelsey Jordahl, Ph.D.