[SciPy-user] install problem on Mandrake-8.2

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at polycnrs-gre.fr
Wed May 22 13:30:41 EDT 2002

OK, Eric, I won't give up (yet). I suppose I can untar the RH stuff
in another directory and re-byte-compile?

Anyhow,  I made some progress along the lines Pearu suggested
(I am able to import a heavily amputated _minpack -- without __minpack.h,
but I also need to get some real work done). __minpack.h is quite large.

Maybe you're right about Mandrake. But, 8.2 is very slick, and IMHO,
better than SuSE (SuSE-7.3 Python packages had some important
modules missing - and I noticed quite a few other problems).

A pity, that Linux distributions seem to become less stable over time :-(

Gerard