[SciPy-user] Newbie type questions

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 6 20:19:34 EDT 2003

Travis,

   Thanks for the response (you too Pearu!). I've got a
follow-up below.

> There is also a Matrix class which can be useful for matrix algorithms.
>
> For your example (assuming you have scipy):
>
> A = mat('[1+1j, 2+2j; 3+3j, 4+4j]')   # notice the quotes
> AH = A.H  # the conjugate transpose
> AT = A.T  # just the tranpose
> AI = A.I  # the inverse

What's the difference between using quotes and using brackets []
as Pearu suggested? BTW, I like the methods for computing the
transpose. Is something like A.shape a method or a property of
the mat class? (i.e. is computed when it's created or just when it's
needed)

Thanks!

Jeff