[SciPy-user] Probs with scipy.test() and seg faults

J Analytis james.analytis at physics.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jun 6 13:02:08 EDT 2003

Hey,
So I went through the INSTALL.txt instructions once more and I think the key
step to redo was to make the optimised lapack library. It turned out that
neither clapack.py nor cblas.pyf were in Lib/linalg/ so I only needed to
remove fblas.pyf and flapack.pyf
After removing build/, I rebuilt and installed scipy.
Now, the output for scipy.test() has one failure:

FAIL: check_basic (test_morestats.test_shapiro)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/stats/tests/test_morestats.py",
line 37, in check_basic
    assert_almost_equal(pw,0.52459925413131714,6)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy_test/testing.py", line 349, in
assert_almost_equal
    assert round(abs(desired - actual),decimal) == 0, msg
AssertionError:
Items are not equal:
DESIRED: 0.52459925413131714
ACTUAL: 0.5246044397354126

Ran 739 tests in 8.960s

FAILED (failures=1)
<unittest.TextTestRunner instance at 0x8269e0c>

No reference to srotmg_ errors, so I guess that means the ATLAS libraries were
found.
Good enough?
Thanks again,