[SciPy-user] Re: io.loadmat

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Tue Oct 14 20:16:45 EDT 2003

Andrew Straw wrote:

> Cool!  I hadn't seen that before, and it seems to work on the simple
> test case I tried.  I made a setup script rather than fiddling with the
> Makefile.  This seems like a useful enough utility that it should get
> wider exposure.  Too bad it can't be incorporated into scipy as is (GPL
> vs. BSD license issues...).

Mmh, not necessarily.  Perhaps the author would be amenable to a license
change for inclusion in scipy?  It wouldn't hurt to ask nicely, the worst that
happens is that he says no.

Since there seem to be a lot of matlab users out there (I'm not one of them),
this may be worth pursuing by some.

Cheers,

f.